Building blocks formed to read the words 'Your Rights'

The local authority will:

  • Assign you a Personal Advisor who will help you to prepare to live independently and will work with you to develop a plan (called a pathway plan) so that you can agree what support you will receive, from who and when.

  • Ensure you are heard and that you’re involved in decisions.  The Knowsley Advocacy Hub can also help up to the age of 21 years, or 24 years for those with a learning disability. Contact them on 0151 486 4045 or email

  • Encourage you to stay in care until you are 18 years old and ensure you are fully informed with the facts if you choose to leave.

  • Help you to secure suitable accommodation or the option of staying with your foster carer(s) until you are 21 years old.

  • Help you to access education, training and employment and this includes financial support if you want to attend university.