Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, if you have been in the care of Knowsley Council and you are aged 16-25 years as at 1 April 2018.  You must have been in care for at least 13 weeks after your 14th birthday and some of those 13 weeks must have been after your 16th birthday. There are some parts of the local offer that are only available if you are under 21 years.

Yes, your Personal Advisor will talk through your options about where you can live and you may also receive an allowance to help you in your home, when you first leave care. This can be used to pay for things such as furniture, TV license or home insurance.

You will be provided with a Health Passport given to you by the Children Looked After Nurse when you are 17 years old. This tells you how to register with a GP and dentist.

Yes! There’s lots of support to help you find a job – from developing your CV, what current jobs are available, applying for jobs through to helping you to prepare for interviews.  Visit the Work Life section on this website.

Yes, when you first leave care you may be entitled to £100 per week which can be used for accommodation. If you are residing in halls of residence, accommodation will be provided for you during holidays.

The first point of contact should be your Personal Advisor or the Young Person’s Team who can be contacted on 0151 443 4597.